Sharing A Fuller History
We are excited to gather in person at the Overlook at St. Gabriel’s as we celebrate Boston’s best preservation projects and honor John B. Cruz, III and Marita Rivero. The Awards will be presented both in person on October 27 and via a digital screening on November 4.
The Details: (Virtual details are below)
When: October 27, 2021. 6pm
Where: The Overlook at St. Gabriels. 175 Washington St, Brighton, MA 02135.
Due to COVID limitations on capacity and a robust response from sponsors, we are unable to offer general public, individual tickets this year. We encourage all fans of preservation to attend our online screening. Register for the virtual event below.
Just as we wish to preserve Boston’s unique heritage, we wish to preserve your good health. As such, we have some rules to ensure everyone celebrates our great city in a safe and healthy way.
- The event program will take place under a tent. The Overlook campus will available for roaming and tours after the program.
- Although there will be heaters, dress warmly for crisp October weather. Feel free to be a little more casual than our typical theater-style event.
- Fun and festive fare will be supplied by local food trucks!
- The guest count is limited to 200. This is the number that can safely gather under the tent.
- Attendees must be vaccinated and wear a mask when they are not actively eating or drinking.
- As this event is in Boston, all guests are required to wear a mask while indoors, including while touring the historic building, walking through the lobby, and using the restrooms.
We have spent this past summer zig-zagging around Boston documenting our Award-Winning projects. We are excited to premiere the films of each of our award winners with you. After the program, guests are invited to tour the beautifully rehabilitated historic church and monastery chapel.
While we want to see your face light up as you view these films, we ask you to keep your expressions hidden behind your mask during our presentation. Now would be a good time to practice smizing.
Tickets were first offered to the Award Winners and Sponsors. We have reached capacity for the in-person event.
The Virtual Screening:
When: November 4, 2021. 6pm
Where: On a screen near you.
What: We will share our awards program via a digital premiere.
How to join: To join, register with your email and address and a custom link will be sent to your inbox. This event is free to attend, but any donation helps us promote and preserve a fuller history of Boston.
Congratulations to our 2021 Preservation Achievement Award Winners!